An evaluation on the edge of the medieval green at Great Green Farmhouse, Great Green, Cockfield was completed in advance of the construction of two dwellings. A pond that had been part infilled, in antiquity, with early post-medieval brick and tile rubble was sampled and produced a cylindrical, glazed red earthenware jar, dated 16th-18th century. Evidence suggested that the pond was man-made and the edge was consolidated with timber posts. The pond was part of a group of linear ponds that formed an intermittent wet boundary around the green. Evidence of out-buildings which were shown on the 1880 OS map and a undated field boundary ditch were also found.